Breathe in the scent of nature, feel the coolness of the Waldviertel’s forests, have a bite to eat, listen to the chirping of the birds and do something good for your body – cycling in the area around the Sole Felsen Welt is a unique experience.
The most popular cycling routes that start right from the hotel are:
Waters of the Waldviertel Cycling Route
- Total length: 77 km
- Takes you on agricultural, dirt and little-used rural roads
Fun Bike Trails
- More challenging cycling routes
- Fun bike trails in the immediate vicinity:
- Granite Trail (58 km long) or
- Nebelstein Route (22 km long, around 38 km if you start from Gmünd)
Big Bang Nature Path
- A leisurely hiking and cycling route
- 13.7 km long
- Takes you on quiet roads and sandy paths
- Includes a few inclines
Ask for the appropriate cycling map at the reception.
We love cycling!
Our hotel service and facilities are geared towards cyclists:
- We accept cycling guests even for just one night
- Bicycle storage room subject to availability for safe and free storage of bicycles overnight
- Breakfast rich in vitamins and carbohydrates
- Provision of regional cycling maps (rental or purchase)
- Bike repair kits are available for hire at reception
- Information on the nearest bicycle repair shop for major repairs
- Inexpensive bike rental service for guests who are not arriving with their own bike
We offer you an e-bike rental directly at the hotel reception. Our e-bikes can be borrowed for half a day or a full day.
Half day: 20 € per person
8am-12pm or 2pm-6pm
Full day: 30 € per person
You can get more information as well as keys and/or rental helmets at the hotel reception.
The reception will also be happy to reserve classic bicycles for you to borrow from Stöckl or Rad Fuchs in Gmünd. A bike helmet and a bike lock are included in the rental. The bikes can be picked up from the sports shop yourself.